I have six months to reshape my life. I can do this.

Friday, June 30, 2006

The Essentials

Regardless of how I come across or what I may tell you in person, I really am not a music expert. I know a lot of trivia about music. I know a lot of artists. I spent too much money on my iPod and the music on it. But I don't really know that much about music.

That being said, I do like a LOT of music. Polka, bluegrass, heavy metal, swing, blues, jazz, pop, rock, country, classical, broadway - I like it all. I have a very ecclectic taste as far as music goes. I thought that since I have such an obscenely large music collection, I could give you some essential songs to add to your collection, if you don't have them already. Here are some that I really like.

QUEEN - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
The Doors - Love Her Madly
CCR - Travelin' Band
Donovan - Season of the Witch
Charlie Gracie - Fabulous
Ruth Brown - 5-10-15 Hours
Billy Ward and the Dominoes - Sixty Minute Man
Bruce Springsteen - Old Dan Tucker
Big Mama Thornton - Hound Dog
Ray Charles - Mess Around
The Cars - My Best Friend's Girl
The Clash - London's Burning
The Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays
Blondie - Call Me
The Band - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes of the Broken-Hearted?
The Temptations - I Wish it Rain Down
Eurythmics - Missionary Man
INXS - Devil Inside
U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name
AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Ben Harper - Brown Eyed Blues
Keb' Mo' - America the Beautiful
Muddy Waters - Got My Mojo Working
Eric Clapton - They're Red Hot
Brian Wilson - Love and Mercy
Paul McCartney - Monkberry Moon Delight

There. That is more than enough to get you started. Enjoy. Feedback? Did I leave anything that is essential to someone else off the list?

1 Comments:

Blogger david b mclaughlin said...

Not a bad list. Love crazy little thing. Also glad to see some original blues like muddy waters on there. i have abunch of old blues cd's and people make fun of my but i dont care.

OK-I'll make a short little list of essentials, and i'll leave off the beach boys (just noticed i have 50 hours of bb music not counting brian wilson solo stuff).

T'Pau-Heart and Soul
Boston-More Than A Feeling
Elton John-Crocodile Rock
Zep-Stairway
Zep-Rock and Roll
Elvis-If I Can Dream
Elvis-Trying To Get To You
Pearl Jam-Not For You
Jewel-Love Me Just Leave Me Alone
Michael Omartian-Aint You Glad
Margaret Becker-Steps of Faith
Aerosmith-Sweet Emotion

OK-There's a dozen off the top of my head. I could go on for life.

8:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home