I have six months to reshape my life. I can do this.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Just Like Starting Over

I woke up way too early. Had my first glass of water. Because the body needs lots of water and it had been about six or seven hours since my last glass. Always gotta drink that water.

Weighed myself to officially start the life change. I refuse to call it a diet because a diet implies that when it is over I can simply go back to eating whatever. I cannot do that anymore. Once the first six months of this stage is over, I begin eating from a modified atkins plan. And that is the plan I will stick to for the rest of my life. So it is not a diet. It is a life change.

But these next six months will be a bear. I am setting my mind to it. I am claiming scripture over it (Phil. 4:13 a la Surf Daddy Mac and Gal. 2:20). And I am slowly beginning the adjustment. For these next six months I am on a low low low cal intake. I am allowing myself between 800-1200 calories a day. So protein shakes, bran cereal with skim milk, subway subs, green veggies and low cal yogurts will the become the staples for the next half a year. It isn't so much of a can I do it as much as it is a I have to do it sort of thing.

So as I was toting most of my stuff out to the car to workout and make my office more life-change friendly, I placed the headphones on. On my iTunes on my phone I heard this great John Lennon classic and I really, honestly felt that God was communicating to me through it saying that we are starting over, starting new today. And my head was lifted a little.

Pray for me. If you want to know how much the starting point was, email me at craigsmithfbc@hotmail.com and I will fill you in on where we are starting and that way you can either be amazed at the weight loss or disappointed at the moron trying to lose it.

I will try to post a few updates each week for all eyes who read this. Help me with prayer, accountibility and accessibility. I need people to not just ask me how it is going. I need people to be available in case I have a mini-melt down.

"Our life together, is precious together. We have grown. We have grown. It'll be just like starting over." - John Lennon

1 Comments:

Blogger absonjourney said...

pook-
you can do it bro!
love ya man!
abs

2:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home