I have six months to reshape my life. I can do this.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Christmas Music

I have posted about this in the past. Then it was a list of my favorite Christmas songs. I really do like Christmas music.

Some holidays gems you should search out:
- Harry Connick Jr's Harry for the Holidays - this is not just his best Christmas album, it is perhaps his best album period. The first blast of those Orleans horns on Frosty...
- Any Christmas music by the Beach Boys. I try and try and try but I simply cannot get away from the Wilson brothers, Tubesock, Al and Mike the music hijacker. My new BB fave? The Man with all the Toys
- James Taylor's great Christmas album James Taylor at Christmas. So so good. But as it is with all JT's music, do not operate heavy equipment while listening.
- Anything by Bing Crosby. I think the Binger is THE perfect Christmas voice. My current Bing fave? Marshmallow World.
- Check out Phil Spector's A Christmas Gift For You from Phil Spector. I think this could be the best collection of R&B classics for Christmas. And you cannot go wrong with The Crystals. Their version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town is worth the whole album.
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Christmas Eve and Other Stories is so good. Just to get ahold of Christmas/Sarajevo 12/24 is worth it. And if you can see them live at Christmas, go do it. They are a GREAT concert.

Anything I left off?

5 Comments:

Blogger danielle said...

all i want for christmas is you. mariah carey. of course.

8:47 AM

 
Blogger Craig Smith said...

Mariah Carey? I have so much musical work to do in this pending marriage.

Pray for me people. My fiance has questionable taste in music...

I say all that but I do have that song on my Christmas play list...

8:59 AM

 
Blogger danielle said...

thats right, you know good music when you hear it!

12:22 PM

 
Blogger drew.martin said...

you did leave a few off.
i'm surprised you missed "Barenaked for the Holidays."
what about Mannheim Steamroller's "A Fresh Aire Christmas"?
how could you forget "Christmas in Hollis"?
and i'm not sure if you've heard of him, but you need to check out Sufjan Stevens' "Songs for Christmas" box set. if you'd like to borrow and rip the CD's, i'll be willing to let you do that.

2:11 PM

 
Blogger david b mclaughlin said...

your woman is right. that is one o fthe best xmas songs ever.

"...i dont want a lot for christams..."

you forgot the brian setzer orchestra.

6:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home