I have six months to reshape my life. I can do this.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Gah...what in the world...

Okay. Seriously, what is wrong with my memory? I can remember names, dates, music and songs that I will never use or sing again.

I have so many lyrics and movie quotes down with word for word precision.

But some of us in our Monday night Bible study are working on memorizing Ephesians 2:1-10 as part of a book study we are doing on grace. I have 2:10 memorized from a previous memory assignment. And I have 1:1 down because it is short and easy. But I have been stumbling through verse 2. I will get it down. It will be memorized. I am using every trick available. Writing it down. Posting notes of it everywhere. I will get it.

Why is it so hard for me? Well, I know why. But instead of admitting I am lazy and not that motivated to really get it down by spending about five minutes on it everyday, I would rather whine about it.

So there you have it. My memory seems to work great except when I really want it to. But no more excuses. I am determined now to get this down. What about you? I challenge you to memorize Ephesians 2:10 if you don't already have it. If you do, well memorize something else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home