I have six months to reshape my life. I can do this.

Monday, November 13, 2006

The Party of FDR

I am a moderate Democrat. I know, hard to believe. I do not vote the party line. I look at the people running and make informed decisions that reflect my faith and my conscience. In the last election here in AR, I did not vote democrat up and down the ticket. In fact, my votes were split.

In AR, under a GOP gov. who in my opinion should get the GOP nod for veep in 08 (McCain/ Huckabee), I even voted for the losing cause for GOP (I knew Asa Hutchinson would lose but the incredible financial growth of our state under GOP policy was too hard to NOT vote for...how did Asa NOT marry himself to THAT growth by promising to continue GOP policy??? The man was simply out-campaigned by Mike Beebe).

I also like to poke and prod at my GOP friends whenever the President says something like "I'm the decider." I admit, I paint the GOP with a broad stroke as being moronic right-wing nutjobs. And they paint me as being a yellow-dog democrat. I let them. I think it is cute that most typical republicans cannot name any other democrats outside of Ted Kennedy, the Clintons, Howard Dean ("HEEEEAYYYAAAAHHHHH!") and Mike Dukakis. But I did find this email humorous and thought I would share it. You republicans are so cute.

DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION 2008 AGENDA:
7:00PM - Opening Flag Burning
7:15 - Pledge of Allegiance to the UN
7:30 - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast
7:45-8:00 - Non-religious prayer and worship: Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton
8:00 - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast
8:05 - Ceremonial tree hugging
8:15-8:30 - Gay Wedding: Barney Frank presiding
8:30 - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast
8:35 - Free Saddam Rally - Cindy Sheehan, Susan Sarandon
9:00 - Keynote Speech: Proper Etiquette for Surrender: French President Jacques Chirac
9:15 - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast
9:20 - Collection to benefit Osama bin Laden Kidney Transplant Fund
9:30 - Unveiling of plan to free freedom fighters in Guantanamo Bay: Sean Penn
9:40 - Why I Hate the Military: A Short talk with Bill Clinton
9:45 - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast
9:50 - The Dan Rather Truth in Broadcasting Award presented by Michael Moore
9:55 - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast
10:00 - How George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld brought down the World Trade Center Towers: Howard Dean
10:30 - Nomination of Hillary Rodham Clinton by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
11:00 - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast
11:05 - Al Gore reinvents internet
11:15 - Our Troops are Dumb War Criminals: John Kerry
11:30 - Coronation of Ms. Rodham-Clinton
11:45 - Ted Kennedy closes with a toast
12:00 - Bill asks Ted to drive Hillary home

1 Comments:

Blogger david b mclaughlin said...

I'm a Reagan conservative but Truman was my second favorite president. You MUST read "Truman" by David McCullough. And anything else by David McCullough for that matter.

The party of FDR is dead. As is the party of Reagan.

America has lost it's soul to partisanship. All that matters is getting elected.

National Security is nothing more than a political football and it is going to get us all killed.

6:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home