I have six months to reshape my life. I can do this.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime

Ah, I dig the Christmas music. I have about 24 hours worth of various and wonderful Christmas music on my iTunes. I listen to it on a random shuffle and always delight in the various music. After the weight info, I will give you my fave Christmas music and maybe you too can enjoy what I enjoy.

Last week, including the Thanksgiving holiday, I dropped 5 pounds, bringing the grand total up to 26 pounds since Nov. 1st, and 38 since around September. This week I started walking 2 miles a week and my physical trainer gave me a nice way to determine how many calories I burn when I walk. If I keep a brisk pace I simply multiply my current weight x .53. If I just sort of meander-walk, I multiply my weight x .20. The more calories I burn, the faster I drop the weight. Hope those help you out. The numbers are the same for you, just put your own weight in there x either .53 or .20. If you walk briskly you can burn a good number of calories a day.

My fave Christmas music: The McLaughlin Brothers First Christmas: I know two of them, so that helps. But they actually do sing pretty well and I enjoy all the songs on the disc.
- The Beach Boys Merry Christmas From the Beach Boys: This is a great album with some great songs.
- Diana Krall Christmas Songs - She has the great dark brown, smoky quality to her voice. Loaded with smooth soul.
- Sufjan Stevens Songs for Christmas - I really like Sufjan. His Christianity is revealed in this great, beautiful album
- James Brown The Christmas Collection - No Christmas season should be complete without the hardest working man in showbusiness imploring Santa Claus to go to the ghetto. GREAT album
- Vince Guaraldi Trio A Charlie Brown Christmas - Maybe the greatest jazz collection of Christmas themed songs ever. The soundtrack to the great Christmas special. I can see Linus now.
- Various A Motown Christmas - Great stuff from the Supremes, The Temps, Jackson 5 and more.
- Phil Spector A Christmas Gift to you from Phil Spector - back in the 60's with the Ronettes and other stars from Phil's stable. The great wall of sound sounds great especially at Christmas
- Harry Connick Jr. Harry for the Holidays and When My Heart Finds Christmas - GREAT! HFTH may be his best album ever, not just best Christmas album
- Anything with Bing, Andy Williams, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Johnny Mathis or the Trans Siberian Orchestra.

Enjoy. Happy holidays.

1 Comments:

Blogger david b mclaughlin said...

christmas music? one word

Brian Setzer Orchestra

:)

4:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home