I have six months to reshape my life. I can do this.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Slowing

So, before Christmas (and a two week vacation) I was really dropping weight. Then I decided that over the break I would enjoy food with my friends and family. I didn't lose or gain any weight. So, tomorrow is a new weigh in and I am hoping to be about three pounds lighter. I am now starting to look towards the next weight loss goal, which is thirty pounds away. Keep praying for me.

In the last few days I have been surprised to be contacted by two high school friends. One was a phone call. The other was a surprise visit at my office. In the past few months I have had more contact with my hometown friends than I have had in the past six years. Who knew. I am beginning to wonder if this was a happy treat and blessing from God or if there is more behind it. God works in the number three in my life. Everything seems to come and happen in threes. A few months ago at a restaurant in Tulsa, I saw my high school sunday school teacher for two years. So with these three connections, I have to really start connecting with what God is telling me and try to see how my hometown ties into it or flavors what God is up to.

In other news, Florida is crazy good. They absolutely undressed Ohio State. It makes me positive that a four game playoff system is a must. If USC does not lose to UCLA than the Trojans are playing OSU for the title. And clearly, Florida played like the best team in the nation last night. USC, Florida, OSU, LSU, Boise State should have all been in the hunt for a national title. Today we all feel the power of the Gator Chomp!

So, to sum up: holding steady at being down 57 pounds since the start of the diet. Been holding steady at that weight for about three weeks though. Need something to happen soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep up the good work. you are the wind beneath my wings.

how about this for a temporary play off solution. just require every conference to have a championship. that would shake some of it out.

8:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home