I have six months to reshape my life. I can do this.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Do Yourself a Favor

Robert Randolph and the Family Band are one of my top five fave music acts (Los Beatles, The Genius Ray Charles, RR&TF, Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals, Big Smith). They released a new album last October (available on iTunes with a bonus jam song). Amazing. They are still the best of funk, soul, gospel fusion, blues edge band out there. And they absolutely rock live in concert. In fact, they will be at Cain's and George's Majestic in February. Check them out if you like something that sounds like a mixture of Parliament, Stevie Wonder, Clapton, classic Rick James, Lennie Kravitz, Sly Stone and old fashioned gospel funk. I highly recommend the songs "Thrill of it" and "Ain't Nothing Wrong with That."

Lost another few pounds bringing the grand total all the way to 62 pounds. There are some significant weight loss goals (not one of the five biggies) on the horizon soon. When I drop another ten pounds it will the be the lightest I have been since I moved to Arkansas. That is almost seven years ago. So that is pretty significant.

Keep me in your prayers. And pray for Jack Bauer too. Another long day in store for him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

please dont just pray for jack but for all of LA. I dont know if you heard but a nuke went off in Valencia tonight! Plese pray for those people, jack and all at ctu, and especially president palmer. he desparately needs our prayers for wisdom tonight.

9:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home