I have six months to reshape my life. I can do this.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Get It Like You Like It

Well, another week. Another battle. More working out. Still eating less. I have weighed in 13 times now. 12 out of those thirteen I have lost weight. I feel great. I am sure I look better.

Two days ago I dug around in my closet, trying on clothes I literally have not worn in years. It was pretty exciting. Also a bit sad. Many of the clothes were bought at the height of other fashion trends. Luckily some of them are still nice. But some of them...whoa...

I lost another four pounds since the last weigh in bringing the grand total to a whopping 71 pounds. I am now at the same weight I was when I moved to Hot Springs about seven years ago. The next official weight loss goal is 16 pounds away. I am hoping that within a month's time I can hit that goal as well. And I am about halfway to the fourth weight loss goal (another 51 pounds) which is what I weighed my senior year in college.

In other news, as the weight drops, I feel a lot more confidence in myself. I feel like I can teach with more authority. I feel more at ease around friends I have not seen in years. And I even feel more comfortable with myself around the ladies.

In other news: I am a documentary freak. It is one of the blessings of God that I live in Hot Springs because they have a great documentary film festival each year where we get to see some of the great docs out there. One of the greatest series of documentaries is Michael Apted's Up Series. It follows 14 British people over the span of their lives beginning with them as 7 year olds in 1963 and continuing with a new film updating them each seven years. About two years ago they finished 49 Up. These seven movies are the most interesting studies I have ever seen. You can totally see glimpses of the adults to come in the seven year olds. And you can still see the spark of the seven year olds in the adults. It is just amazing.

Also, 24 season six: to sum it up - Jack is back. He doesn't want to be back. But that doesn't stop him from biting one man's throat, shooting another man in the throat and choking and torturing a family member. This is FAR AND AWAY the best drama series on TV today. 24, Heroes and The Office and Rob and Big are the best shows on tv now.

I miss Arrested Development. Where else can you hear a line like this: "It's an illusion Michael. Tricks are something that whores do for money." Awesome.

So to sum up: 24 just killer stuff.
Up Series worth at least a rental, provided you start in order at 7 Up.
Rob and Big do work.
Heroes is starting to come together.
The Office is just so funny.
Craig misses Arrested Development.
Lost 71 pounds so far.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did you catch that beastiality doc at sundance?

24 is the best show on tv. my other faves are Office, My Name is Earl, and American Idol. yes, I like idol. Screw you!

Jamie Pressley should get an award for her role on Earl. Best facial gestures on tv.

"I'm going to art school Earl. And it's at night. So you'll find out what it's like to have the babies waking you up in the middle of the night screaming for more Mountain Dew."

4:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah-cant get into heroes. tried. cant.

4:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i dont like heroes because they schruted it.

4:34 PM

 
Blogger absonjourney said...

24 rules and I agree on The Office as well. Can't join d-mc on Idol but I can confess a fondness for a show called Gilmore Girls in the CW. The wife got me hooked on this about 4 years ago. I think every guy has a show tht puts his Man-card in jeopardy.

12:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home