I have six months to reshape my life. I can do this.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Get Back

So after taking two weeks off and taking twelve steps backwards, I tried to get back on track this past week.

Today was also the first day to weigh in with accountability. I actually had a guy there with me to weigh me. And I came in nine pounds down from last week. So I went from losing 105 pounds and then gaining twelve back and now the grand total is back over the 100 mark at 102.

It feels good to be back on track. I lost the most pounds I have lost since the first week. Here's why: when I went back to eating like a maniac for two weeks, I effectively reconditioned my body to eat waaaaay to much. So getting back to a healthier way to live meant making yet another dramatic difference in lifestyle. I also upped the intensity and length of my workouts on the treadmill. It all factors into dropping the weight I needed to drop.

Tomorrow I get to see my brother and some friends as we celebrate the heavenly homecoming of Ed Smith. Hallelujah. I learned long ago that God doesn't respect time like I think he should. God does what he does in his perfect time. I only see life through my view down here from the temporal. He lives in eternity. Trying to get me to understand eternity is probably like trying to teach a collie geometry. It is incapable of understanding because it is so far beyond the realm of what it knows and understands. So that is me. A stupid dog who eats too much when the food is put out there in front of him. But I do have a nice, shiny coat.

2 Comments:

Blogger david b mclaughlin said...

dude-you just gave me an insight i have never heard nor thought of before. that actually really helps me right now.

i'll flesh it out on the voyage blog.

you rock.

7:19 PM

 
Blogger Ashford said...

I found your blog as a link from Chemical Fish and I am just sitting here totally cracking up. You sound like Dave's twin brother! You two seem to rant about the same things and come from the same mindset. I am amused.
Anyway, that isn't why I decided to post a comment. I just wanted to tell ya great job on the weight loss and I have to say I have a lot of respect for anyone that can work so hard to lose that much weight and not lose sight of the bigger picture. I am glad you enjoyed your trip then got home and got serious again.
I don't know you, but it sounds like you found balance. Now if you could just bottle it and sell it, you would have it made.

7:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home