I have six months to reshape my life. I can do this.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Robert Randolph and Family Band

Last night I went to yet another concert at George's (not the greatest venue). But the band more than made up for the crappy locale. I saw Robert Randolph with six friends. And NOBODY can groove like Jackson Cellers. That dude was killing me.

And Trey made some great friends too. RR&TFB were awesome. They threw down five or six cuts from their new disc COLORBLIND. It is powerful. So funky and so many grooves you will get lost in them. They played the standouts live (Homecoming, Jesus is Just Alright, Deliver Me, Ain't Nothing Wrong with That) as well as some great older cuts they do including their best song ever More Love. They also did some great covers that they blended seamlessly into original material. They also played some extended jams. It was just amazing. They may be the most talented band musically playing that funky gospel R&B. I first saw RR&TFB open for Clapton. Soon they are opening for Dave Matthews. That will be an amazing concert.

Also I lost another four pounds this week. I am now down 92 total. Hopefully in two weeks I can hit 100. Hard to think that I am almost there.

1 Comments:

Blogger david b mclaughlin said...

They are at Cains tonight. Wish i could have gone. I really dig them.

You are totally going to smash 100. I am so proud of you!

8:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home