I have six months to reshape my life. I can do this.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Great Quote

Tonight, my lovely bride said the funniest thing so far in our young marriage.

"Being married is like having a slumber party every night!"

Let's see...my slumber party experience is limited, as I have not really been to one since the 80's. But my memory is not THAT foggy. Here is what I remember about slumber parties and how they compare to marriage:

- I don't get much room to sleep. Hmm, eerily similar.
- There is a lot of giggling. We do crack each other up.
- Someone usually has gas and it usually wasn't me. Uh, check.
- I didn't really like to wrestle around much as a kid. Thank God that has changed! Ba-zing!
- Somebody usually snores. And it was usually me. Some things never really change.
- I really enjoyed the first four hours of slumber parties. I absolutely love and cherish every moment of marriage. Even the ones where I am mowing and she is living it up with her new BFF...

So, I never really did the slumber party thing. Unless it was at Mike Gelsthorpe's house. He had a pool. And always had Pepsi in the fridge. But I preferred to stay at home.

Now, I prefer to stay home too. With my wife and dog. So much has changed for the better in my life. Now, I need to get to sleep. The dog doesn't sleep well unless he is forcing me to the very edge of my side of the bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home